CADD TECHNICIAN II
- Morgantown, WV
The CADD Technician II utilizes computer aided drafting and design (CADD) software and equipment to provide high level support to engineering managers and the design team by preparing layouts, detail drawings, preliminary and final drawings, sketches, and diagrams as needed for permitting and construction.
The CADD Technician II will provide support for various disciplines within the company, as well as clients.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
The CADD Technician II will be expected to be able to perform the essential duties/responsibilities of this position which include but are not limited to:
• Completes advanced designs as related to CAD layout of the project under the direction of their supervisor
• Makes intermediate design decisions but refers non-typical and difficult questions/problems to their supervisor
• Assists with completion of permitting applications as directed by their supervisor
• Revises and updates existing drawings reflecting design changes in collaboration with client request and agency comments maintaining all revisions of project drawings
• Reviews plans, details, specifications, and other documentation as requested by their supervisor
• Ensures consistent adherence to company standards and documentation for all drafting and design work
• Incorporates filing guidelines for drawings to maintain up to date drawings and other duties as required relating to CAD database maintenance, etc
• Maintains notes, design calculations, and other documentation (i.e. drawings) including list of design parameters and notes regarding design based decisions for future reference
• Associates Degree or certificate in engineering, engineering technology, or drafting technology or equivalent work experience
• Requires a minimum of two years’ experience as a CADD technician I
• Intermediate use of software including but not limited to: MicroStation, InRoads, Microsoft Office, and other applicable design software commonly used
• Proficient understanding of drafting techniques and familiarity with engineering terminology
• Possesses technical aptitude with the ability to complete basic mathematical calculations related to civil engineering
• Experience in oil and gas industry is preferred
• Strong communication skills required
• Ability to work as a team member
• Successful passing of drug & alcohol test
If you are interested in joining a team that eagerly accepts challenges, develops solutions, and delivers results, then D&H is the right place for you!
*Dieffenbauch & Hritz, LLC is an equal opportunity employer.